Some media appearances. Not everything will be listed as most media mentions are just copies of what other media write.
Talks and interviews — see this page
Media mentions by date and topic
These are in English unless otherwise noted.
OKCupid dataset release — May 2016
- Fortune: Researchers Caused an Uproar By Publishing Data From 70,000 OkCupid Users (neutral)
- WIRED: OkCupid Study Reveals the Perils of Big-Data Science (negative)
- Forbes: 70,000 OkCupid Profiles Leaked, Intimate Details And All (mixed?)
- Vice, Motherboard: 70,000 OkCupid Users Just Had Their Data Published (negative)
- (Danish) DR: Dansk studerende offentliggør 70.000 brugere af datingsite (neutral)
- Retraction Watch: Publicly available data on thousands of OKCupid users pulled over copyright claim (neutral)
- The actual paper
There are many more on this topic as it was a worldwide media event.
The IQ of immigrants — March-April 2017
- (French) Breizh-Info: Emil Kirkegaard : « Le quotient intellectuel mondial est à peu près de 85 » (positive)
- (French Swiss) Le Temps: Dans le laboratoire de la «fake science» (negative)
I think the second is a kinda sorta reply to the first, but I don’t know what the real motive is behind this hit piece. The journalist was deliberately misleading.
Pseudoscience — May 2017
Norwegian media researcher Petter B. Brandtzæg discusses me as an example of an ideological pseudoscientist. Unclear what prompted this mentioning. Perhaps the above, but seems unlikely given that these were in French.
Other weird stuff (no particular date)
Stuff that didn’t really fit in above, but was curious enough to save.