People often ask me about this. Where can I get my IQ measured online with some decent reliability, scientific rigor etc., without paying? There’s many scam sites, and many sites that just provide you with flattering IQ scores. However, there are also some legit ones. Here’s my collection. These have not generally been validated in the sense that someone acquired a really representative sample to make sure the norms are exactly right, but I have given them to people over the years, and they seem to do fairly well.
Figure tests, generally either Raven or close copycats:
- 17 item numeracy/quantitative reasoning test, IDR labs
- Includes the usual 3 item Cognitive Reflection Test
- Vocabulary IQ Test at the generally good openpsychometrics.org
- Note that this site provides public data for research!
Color discrimination, not exactly IQ but seemingly correlates strongly with it:
Mixed or multiple tests:
- Discoverymyprofile – The Psychometrics Centre
- Includes ICAR16, ICAR60 and others
- ICAR is a mixed type test, with 4 types of items: spatial rotation, number series, verbal reasoning, and figures
- ICAR is the only seriously validated of these free tests
- IDR labs also has a copy of the ICAR16
- SAPA Project
- This gives you random items from a big pool to simultaneously measure intelligence, personality, vocational interests etc.
- The IQ items on this are from ICAR pool too